The words pierced the heart
like the cold edge of a dagger
numbing at first
But unbearable in the next
And as the depth of their harshness
Begin to sink in
Slowly but painfully
No effort could submerge the agony
it caused, when the heart erupted
like a monstrous fire breathing volcano
While the eyes released the flood of tears
to diffuse the fire it fumed..
Weekly Photo Challenge – on the way
On my walks in the North Eastern India , sometimes I took a detour to wander into my husband’s office. On the first day of my walk to the office complex , my eyes fell on a small temple shrine inside the office grounds. What attracted me more was not the idol inside but the beautiful bells that hung outside it. I immediately took out my camera to capture the stunning golden bells against the contrasting red backdrop of the temple wall.
My better half who usually never appreciates something unless it is close to perfect was impressed by the way I perceived a rather mundane looking temple bell and transformed it into a an object of art. What surprised me was that while all the office goers passed this temple on their way , no body really noticed these humble looking bells or captured them through a lens.
But for me they were beautiful and so serene – a symbol of love,peace and tranquility.
Weekly Photo Challenge- Broken
My walls have given away
My roof no longer stands
But don’t leave me here and stray
to other distant lands
I did once protect you
from the burning sun and rain
I took the biting cold too
to shield you from all pain
I am old and broken now
but only in my frame
If you look inside, you will see how
My love still stays the same
( P.S: Old age is inevitable . But today we live in a world where anything old is better done away with. Even old parents – Parents who have lived their entire lives shielding you from all troubles so that you are able to lead cushy,comfortable lives. But when they grow old and are unable to continue with their service, they are considered no different from an old house or piece of furniture and got rid off by dumping them in the streets …..)
It has been a while since I have been procrastinating.But before things get beyond my control I need to get hold of the reins. The internet connection here in the North East works at a slug’s pace and so I have ended piling on awards without ever expressing by gratitude through a post.
In fact even as I write this post I am a little worried that I may perhaps, unwittingly, skip someone out . In that case please consider it my absentmindedness and don’t hesitate to remind me so I may update my post again !
So here are the awards I have received over the last few months… I would like to thank each one of these bloggers for nominating me for these awesome awards that inspire and motivate me to keep writing and clicking !
THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD FOUR TIMES
Nominated by :
- Moses (https://fictionlimbo.wordpress.com/) whose blog is an interesting amalgamation of flash fictions and short stories. I owe a big apology to Moses for this extreme delay in responding to the nomination.
- Ameena (https://randomsbyarandom.wordpress.com/) whose blog I love for her beautiful and heart touching poetry and short stories.
- Julia (https://myredpage.wordpress.com/2015/04/06/versatile-blogger-award/) whose blog is simple yet speaks volumes about her passions in writing and even cooking !
- Saritha(https://savourexoticwithsari.wordpress.com/2015/05/02/versatile-blogger-award/) whose blog is all about awesome cooking. Her mouthwatering recipes will sure make you want to cook too !
THE CREATIVE BLOGGER AWARD
Nominated by Ameena (https://randomsbyarandom.wordpress.com/)
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE WORLD BLOGGER AWARD TWICE
Nominated by :
- Rashmi (http://soulnspiritblog.com/2015/01/09/the-more-the-merrier-got-a-new-award/) whose colorful and vibrant travel stories always inspire me to travel more ! Her breathtaking photographs are also worth it ..
- Ruchi (https://cometravelalong.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers-award/) whose blog is full of beautiful pictures that I love to watch …. Her travel stories are also very useful and informative!
As you can see it will be impossible for me to nominate people of all three awards but I shall update this post soon with the list of people to nominate, as and when I get to a more stable internet connection.
Once again my sincere gratitude to all those who nominated me and showered me with all their love ….
I can read the lines
On your precious face
And simple tell tales
Where a line disappears
And a smile is born
The language of tears
And feelings unknown
I know those creases
Under your eyes
When you are lost in thoughts
Or filled with surprise
I know your nose crinkles
And your lips pout
When your heart tingles
Or fills with doubt
When I see your face
I feel I am home
Inspired to win the race
Determined to brave the storm
Your face is home to me
This is where I want to be
This is what I want to see
For life unto eternity